questions? Here’s a list of some answers to frequently-asked
questions about the 3 Star Hotel University in Bologna. If you have
any particular requests or require any information not included
here, feel free to contact us.
Is the hotel open all year round?
Yes, the hotel is open 365 days a year and the reception is staffed
24 hours a day.
Is the hotel near the Two Towers in
Yes, we are located very close to the centre of Bologna and the
main sights are all within easy walking distance, including the
Is there a garage?
No, but you will be able to find on-street parking near the hotel.
What are the Check In/Out Times?
You can check in anytime after noon. You are asked to check out
by 10am on the day of your departure.
When is breakfast?
A Breakfast buffet is inclusive in the price and is served in the
elegant breakfast room from 7.30am to 10am.
Is room service available?
Yes, we can cater for room service requirements by arrangement.
Is there a lift?
Yes we have an elevator to take guests to the upper floors.
Do all rooms have Air Conditioning?
Yes, every room is equipped with air con that can be controlled
by the guest for your extra comfort.
Is there a TV in every room?
Yes, there is an LCD flat screen television and satellite TV in
all of the 22 rooms.
Is it safe to book online for a room
at the Hotel University?
Yes, all reservations made online are protected by a secure system
that protects all your details. By booking here, it’s also
Does the hotel arrange day trips or
Staff will be pleased to help with any arrangements you wish to
make for exploring Bologna and beyond. City guides and maps are
Can I bring my pet?
Yes, pets are welcome at the hotel.
Is there Internet access?
Yes there is wireless internet connection available throughout the
What about storage?
There is a secure electronic safe provided in every room, as well
as a luggage room for any additional storage needs.
See also our Rooms
& Services page for any further information.
Other recommended accommodation in Italy
If you are planning to travel through the rest of Italy, the links
below provide a great introduction to available accommodation at
a similar standard to the excellent Hotel University in Bologna.
All the hotels have secure online booking and rooms can be reserved
- Hotel Gabriella: www.hotelgabriellarome.com. A family-run 3
Star hotel near the university.
- Hotel Giorgi: www.hotelgiorgirome.com. Good quality 3 star hotel
in central Rome.
- Residenza Borghese Rome: http://www.residenzaborgheseroma.com
- Guest House Chester Suites Rome - The 5 bedrooms in this lovely guest house all include en suite bathroom, mini-bar and free wi-fi.
- Hotel Galatea Rome - A great little hotel in a beautiful little neighbourhood, Hotel Galatea is one metro stop to the Colosseum.
- Guest House Bellesuite Rome - This great little 7-room Guest House is known for its luxurious and charming ambiance.
- Apartment Sweet del Moro Rome - Ideal for a family of small group looking for independence in their Rome Trastevere accommodation.
- Hotel Santa Maura 2 Rome - Large hotel complex with extensive terrace for big events and plentiful facilities near the GRA.
- Relais Conte di Cavour Rome - Relais guest house B&B keeping costs down but providing a great range of services near Via Cavour.
Dependance Trevi Collection Rome - Room service, American breakfast, panoramic rooftop terrace and private apartments.
- Hotel Ivanhoe Rome - A great little 3 star hotel with 24 rooms all en suite and offering decent range of services and a roof terrace.
- Hotel Terme Olimpia Rome - A quality hotel offering value for money for simple yet elegant accommodation, with bar and terrace.
- Hotel Etico Rome - An inspiration and magical accommodation like no other. 3 star hotel by Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
- Relais San Marco Rome - Lovely, elegant, cozy accommodation that offers all the mod cons required for a comfortable stay.
- Hotel San Marco Rome - A spacious and busy 3-star hotel near Termini with all you need and more for a great value holiday.
Enzo Luxury Rooms Rome - Comfortable and modern accommodation located near Santa Maria Maggiore and Termini Train Station.
- Hotel Quattro Fontane Rome - Quality hotel located at a perfectly geocentric point in the ancient city of Rome.
Hotel Trevi Rome - Small and exclusive, this 4-star hotel is part of the Trevi Group and therefore offers top class services.
- Hotel Garden Rome - A three star hotel with a wealth of quality services and fewer of the frills that push up the price of 4-stars.
- Hotel Trevi Collection Rome - A fine quality 4 star hotel in Rome heart the Trevi fountain, perfect for the ultimate romantic weekend.
- B&B Cibele Rome - A great little B&B with a very interesting theme based on nature, in the hipster heartbeat of Monti.
- Hotel Trinità dei Monti Rome - Quality accommodation offering the usual range of facilities and services for a city centre guest house.
- Hotel Salotto Monti Rome - Quality interior design, apartments with optional breakfast and a prize location near Via Nazionale.
- Soggiorno Comfort Rome - Airport transfers, parking nearby, city maps and 24 hour services - an old-fashioned Rome accommodation.
- The Suite Rome - Guest house in Rome’s city centre, the former residence of one of its most prominent architects.
Hotel Franklin Feel the Sound Rome - Great value 3 star hotel with musical theme in every room and a top Tripadvisor rating.
- Hotel Warmth Rome - Elegant and modern 4 star luxury hotel aimed at Rome’s business clientele in the EUR district south of the centre.
- Hotel Otium Rome - 3 star lodging in a central location right by a metro station in Prati, the district surrounding the Vatican.
- Hotel Martis Palace Rome - Brightly lit and expertly designed, this city centre 4 star accommodation is truly uplifting!
- Wedding Reception in Rome
- Hotel Lisbona: www.hotellisbonavenice.com. Fine 3 Star hotel close
to all the major sights in Venice, all rooms have satellite TV,
en-suite facilities and air conditioning.
- Hotel Bernini : www.hotelberninamilan.com. A simple but good value
budget 3 Star hotel near the centre of Milan.
Rest of Italy
- Hotel Viscount Riccione - Great little 2-star hotel on the beach geared towards families on a budget, located near Rimini.
- Hotel Malavoglia Inn Acitrezza - Quality and value for money accommodation by the sea in southern Sicily great for families.
- Casa San Tommaso Pisa - 18th century guest house with terracotta floors and wood-beamed ceilings in Pisa’s historical heart.